2011/09/01

Kochi Yosakoi

Yes, Yosakoi, Yosakoi, something something Yosakoi!

It's a big deal. It's how you survive 35 celsius and 90% humidity.
Mushiatsui desu ne. (It's hot and humid, isn't it?)
The dude in the middle is Ryoma Sakamoto, I think. His face
is everywhere, and I do mean everywhere, in Kochi Prefecture.
I don't know who the other fellows are. Apparently, they weren't as important
as Ryoma-san. They certainly didn't get the local airport named
after them. Or even train stations. 

Kochi is the nearest big city. I don't know how big it is, but it's certainly got Aki beat. And Aki has 4 ALTs. So there. Big stuff.

Kochi is also where the best dancers go during August. I think my supervisor said all the groups get together and go to Kochi and then the really terrific ones go on to another competition in Tokyo. I don't know for sure. Anyway, here are some sweet moments from the Kochi Yosakoi.


Kochi University men's group. Don't know about the cow...

I think they just landed. I tried to get them actually in the air.
Sigh...




The Japanese Department of Public Trainsportation
I think. Or the JR line. One of those. It would be like
the BART guys (or DART guys) going out in costume.
Unlikely. 



Love her shoes...

A little plug for diabetes. 

In crepe form...

No comments: