2011/11/25

Freaking Freezing!

The wind is howling through my apartment. This is because I have several doors open. I can't help it! Even when it is 50 degrees outside (13 celsius) I feel the need to open all my doors, because I have no windows, and let the breeze in. I am told this helps dry the house out. By the by, in the olden golden days Japanese houses were traditionally built on stilts to help all the moisture from the humid springs and monsoony summers and falls drain away. Sometimes ninjas would sneak into the house through the floor or worse, just hide under the house until the target of their assassination sat or lay down. Then they stabbed him through the floor. Yuck.

Anyway, I have been debating doing some home improvement but I am going to wait until I can ask a reputable source about paint. I am going to paint over my main table and the two chairs because they are as old as dirt and very unattractive.

But until that exciting entry:

Some random pics.

This picture reminds me of Santa Cruz. You can't really see it here, but off to the side of this house
there is a surfboard sticking up out of the ground. Who knows why. It would seem it is just because.
That is very Santa Cruz. 

It's like Jesus is coming back. Except over-exposed. 

A view of the Nahari shipyard from between the freeway and the street. 

This is my bike ride home from Nahari. On one side of me is the freeway and on the other the ocean. That is Tano, up
ahead and to the left-ish. 

I walked up a mountain to take this picture. I just kept going
because I didn't know what might be up there. A surly farmer
and his nasty cat were there, but they did let me take the picture.

That's a boat. But you knew that. 

This I like. I don't know how the train car got here. And the lighting was quite
sharp for once. So some nifty shadows. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic photos! Old Hess cand buildings can be amazing....to look at but maybe not so much fun to live in! Bravo for the ocean pix!