2012/12/05

The Wednesday Post

                                   

 Tano is actually a very scenic little town. It's full of character (and characters) and the lack of trees ensures a lack of spiders and also very stark plays between light and shadow, especially now during the icy-bright winter days, where the sun is close, low and entirely devoid of warmth, and the clouds are high, far-apart, and glittering with silver linings.




When I straighten my hair, the adults say - wow! It's straight.
When I wear it curly, nature's way, my kids all study me
in deep suspicion - Perm?


I like this gate. Of course, it's in the narrowest rode possible.

Somebody once said, a house without a cat is a like a body without a soul. But what about a town with a cat population that rivals the human one? It's not a problem, per say, but it's not a solution either. People need to spay and neuter their pets. And then put collars on them and keep them safe from the kids who throw rocks at them because they are so prolific as to be considered a nuisance. . 



This guy lives outside my house. Once a day, I give him
a goldfish cracker. Not enough to build a dependence, just
enough to encourage an expectation.

The dockyards especially attract the little beasts. The fishermen
clean, scale, and gut their fish here, and the cat population flourishes
on the refuse. 



No comments: