2012/01/22

This One is For My Mom

Mom admonished me today because I haven't had a new post up in a while. Must I remind everyone that the internet is a new and brilliant device and that fifty years ago we would all be waiting on the post and maybe a once a month phone call to the outside world? Yet it's true: I love talking about myself and my life here. So a few random things about the past two weeks.

It's been as slow as molasses here. Actually it's about as slow as the peanut butter fudge I tried to make today. Instead of a solid brick of scrumptious buttery peanutness like this:


mine ended up a 2-layer tray of oozing sweetened condensed milk and half-frozen peanut butter like this:

the lower left-hand corner is where the
sweetened condensed milk is dripping out from under
the peanut butter fortress top

It was still tasty-tasty, so I put it on top of a banana like this:

it looks like a spoonful of poop, but it's PB

It was so terrible I had two.

I am working on different projects around my house, but with mixed success. I  organized all my hair ties and some of my jewelry, as well as my winter accessories, so that my wardrobe room looks austere, but much less messy as before. 

All my gloves are in my black winter hat
and the little hat in front is my cute brown
winter hat w/pom-pom

my pred left some beer glasses - they
work just dandy fine 

A bit of string on the side of the wardrobe holds up my
necklaces now. Can you tell I spend a lot of time
on Pinterest in the winter?


And one other horrible pic I took in the hardware store while I was shopping for shelves and a squeegy 
with which to clean windows. 


Really. 
Japan doesn't think all its slogans 
quuiiiiiiiite through...

I love you Mom! Hi Diane! Emily if you want a post, just let me know!







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. Japan should think long and hard about their slogans.

Anonymous said...

And yes. I'd love a post. But I have to say I enjoyed the PB poop immensely.

Anonymous said...

That mug is for booze only!